Redfish March Newsletter!!!
Hello Redfish families!!!
This update is a long time coming. I apologize for the delay; this has been a difficult season to put together. It is our sincere pleasure to announce dates and some details for our 2021 season. This season will be slightly truncated given the HOA/County/City regulations we must follow. As always, the safety of our swimmers is of the utmost importance.
Here's the relevant bits:
1) Go to the website - it will always contain the best/most up-to-date info.
2) We are happy to welcome back Head Coach Katy Weeks!
3) Full dates are on the website, and as follows:
- Returning Family registration April 11 through April 18th
- New Swimmer Tryouts May 10th
- New Family Registration May 11
- Practice starts May 17
- HOME meet (Frogs) June 5th
- AWAY meet (Twin Creeks, w/ JCC) June 12th
- HOME meet (Blue Wave) June 19th
- AWAY Meet (Great Hills w/ JCC) June 26th
- CHAMPS on July 10 (location TBD)
Much like previous years, practices will be in the afternoon through the end of May, and in the mornings and afternoons in June. Given our shortened season, registration fees will also be reduced and traditional team-suits will not be required. More details (including practice times) to come.
4) The League, the HOA, and our organization have agreed on the following safety protocols, including but not limited to:
- Every team must designate a safety coordinator to monitor and enforce safety guidelines. If issues occur at any meet, safety coordinators will work together to resolve them.
- Masks must be worn by everyone on deck unless they are eating, drinking or about to swim.
- Participants must try to maintain social distancing (6 feet) during practices and meets.
- Every pool must provide hand sanitizing stations at various locations.
- All participants (parents, volunteers, swimmers, coaches) must self-screen and if they are not feeling well, have a cough, fever or any other Covid symptoms; they should not attend practices or meets.
- We will follow any/all city, county, and HOA guidelines.
- We understand that some pools may have additional rules/restrictions, but these are the minimum standards for all NAAL meets.
- Pool capacity will not exceed HOA or City set capacities - because of this we may limit the number of swimmers and spectators during meets and practices. Also, we will likely not be setting up tents inside the MAC and will expect families to utilize outside areas unless watching their swimmers or fulfilling volunteer duties.
- Volunteer roles are likely to change and some will be excluded/replaced entirely. We appreciate your flexibility.
5) At the time of writing this, the Avery Ranch HOA is requiring a signed waiver to use our facilities. We anticipate that the HOA will require our families to sign this waiver to use the MAC for practices and home meets.
We will post updates as soon as we receive them. In the meantime, you are welcome to reach out to me ([email protected]) or any of our amazing 2021 board.
Thanks everyone! Let's GoooOOO REDFISH!!!
Jon Kinder Chair, 2021 Redfish Board