Code of Conduct
As a parent or family member of a swimmer on the Redfish Swim Team, I will abide by the following guidelines:
- Practice teamwork with all parents, swimmers and coaches by supporting the values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility.
- I will not coach or instruct the team or any swimmer at a practice or meets (from the stands or any other area) that interfere with coaches on the pool deck.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in manner that earns the respect of my child, other swimmers, parents, officials and the coaches at meets and practices.
- Maintain self-control at all times. Know my role.
- Swimmers – Swim
- Coaches – Coach
- Officials – Officiate
- Parents – Parent
- I understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward the coaches, officials and/or any participating swimmer will not be permitted or tolerated and will result in being asked to leave the team.
- Enjoy supporting the Redfish Swim Team by volunteering and positively reinforcing the swimmers, coaches, officials and board members.
- During practices and meets all questions or concerns regarding decisions of coaches or officials are directed to a member of the coaching staff by email.
- I understand that my volunteer efforts are an integral part of the success of the team and I will complete my volunteer responsibilities.
Redfish Swimming prohibits:
- Physical violence.
- Verbal assaults or attacks.
- Harassment or incessant badgering of coaches, volunteers, officials, or other swimmers.
- Inappropriate conduct or rude behavior.
- Use or possession of tobacco, vape, drug, or alcohol products or paraphernalia by a swimmer or coach.
This applies to coaches, swimmers, and parents or family members of swimmers. Failure to follow this policy can result in disciplinary action and may result in removal from the team without a refund.